Mothers play an important role in building their children’s character. It is a big responsibility to raise kids and requires a lot of financial efforts to provide kids with the necessities. When you are alone and have to shoulder entire burden, there are times when you feel that you won’t be able to survive till end. It can be traumatizing and some even give up in between.
Most people are unaware about programs that are helping single moms. If you are one of those, read on to find out about single moms grants and private aid programs. There are some surprising things that will assure you that how much there is out there for you.
You know how expensive medical treatments are now. if you are a single mom, it will be so difficult for you to pay medical expenses. There are programs that can assist you with medical help. You might have already looked into CHIP and Medicaid these programs are good but at times even with these programs, covering medical bills can be tough. There are some other programs and organizations that can help you. Here is how you can get more help even if you have insurance.
- Mission of Mercy: They operate 17 free clinics around U.S. They have a wonderful team that helps single moms and you should try contacting them if need medical assistance.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance: With the help of the organization, you can get to know about programs that can help you get meds, and will guide you to free and low cost clinics near you.
- The health well foundation: the foundation helps people struggling with their medical bills. They have helped many people and you can expect great help from them.
Having a roof on head is very important and is the basic need to survive. Property prices are reaching new heights day by day and when you have limited finance and nobody to support, the situation worsens. If you are struggling to get an affordable roof, here is what you need to do.
Your first step is to investigate federal, state and local government single mom grants and assistance options. The options include:
- The Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
- Principal Reduction Alternative (PRA)
- Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA)
These programs can help you with your mortgage. If you are on rent, you can check with social services to find out about the free and low costing housing options. There are some non-government options as well, below is a list of them and if you don’t want help from the government, you must reach them.
- Catholic Charities USA
- American Red Cross
Supporting family single handedly is very difficult and if you don’t have a mode of transportation, you can say that the struggle gets double. There are organizations that have helped various single moms buying cars. These organizations don’t just help single moms buying cars but help low income families get cars for free. Check out the list below, these organizations can help you resolving transport issues.
- Cars 4 Christmas
- Vehicles for Change
- Good News Garage
- Free Charity Cars
Help with Day Care Costs
Single moms work very hard for survival, working extra hours is a very common thing they do. Earning is not the only thing in their life; they also need to make sure that their kids are safe while they are away at work. The best option to keep kids safe is sending them to day cares, but do you know that day-cares are expensive too? Now many single mothers have found alternative options.
- Federal and State Program: the program can help you with grants for day care or with free day care. Counselors for social services will guide in the right direction and refer you to programs that work for you.
- Your Employer: Talk to your HR department regarding if they have made any arrangements for day care discounts or other means of assistance.
Food and Cash
Food and cash are important survival things. It is no less than a nightmare for mothers when they are not able to buy food for kids. You don’t need to worry as there several ways you can get food or financial assistance to lessen burden while you get your financial life on track.
- TANF: To get help from the organization, you have to apply at your local department of job and family services for a range of assistance options. You have to show that your income is low enough for you to need this aid, than only you will qualify for the assistance.
- WIC: The organization helps moms with babies and toddlers under 5 by giving extra help through the program. It covers the provision of nutritious foods for low income families from pregnancy onwards.
These are some areas where single moms can get support through organizations. Both government and private sectors provide assistance to the needy and you should contact them to seek help as they will surely get your problems resolved.